Future International Academy
Student Council is an organization conducted by students and supervised by adults. The purpose of the student council is to give students an opportunity to develop leadership by organizing and carrying out school activities and service projects. In addition to planning events that contribute to school spirit and community welfare, the student council is the voice of the student body. They help share student ideas, interests and concerns with the school-wide community.
Responsibilities as a Student Council Representative
- Attend the Student Council Meetings when needed.
- Keep your grades up. If your grades fall below a “C,” you will have 2 weeks from the day you receive a warning, to bring it up, otherwise, your position will be placed on probation before being revoked.
- Behave appropriately at all times while at school. This includes all classes, lunch, recess, etc. Inappropriate behavior could lead to temporary or permanent removal from the Student Council.
- Participate in as many school-related activities as possible—especially the Student Council sponsored events.
- Be organized. Student Council activities and projects involve many different aspects, with different students responsible for different parts. If you are not organized, things will get lost and have to be re-done by you or someone else.
- Make sure your work for Student Council is done regardless of your schedule. If you are absent or miss a day because of sports, make sure that whatever you were working on gets done. You may have to do some work at home.
- Attend all meetings. You are only allowed one unexcused absence from a meeting otherwise you will be written up. Your next absence will cost you your position from student council.
- Pay attention during our meetings
- Be dependable. Report back to your classmates as needed and get ideas and input from them to bring to the Student Council meetings.