Any student riding a school bus must observe the following agreements:
- demonstrate respect for the driver, the conductresses and other passengers
- must be seated with a buckled seatbelt at all times
- use a calm voice and kind words towards adults and peers while on the bus
- keep the bus tidy and not dispose of rubbish on the bus
- not eat or drink on the bus
There is a bus assistant present to monitor student behavior on each bus. In order to help maintain safety for all students, a three strike policy is in place on buses. After three incidents of inappropriate behavior in one trip (to or from school), the student will be suspended from the bus for one day. Once reported to administration, the student’s parents will be notified. It will then become the parents’ responsibility to transport their child to and from school for the following school day. In the case of an extreme incident or repeated behavior issues, the principal will review the case and take appropriate action.