Career Counseling is a process that will help you to know and understand yourself and the world of work in order to make a career, educational, and life decisions.
The goal of Career Counseling is to not only help you make the decisions you need to make now but to give you the knowledge and skills you need to make future career and life decisions.
There are a number of factors that influence your career development, including your interests, abilities, values, personality, background, and circumstances.
Career development is more than just deciding on a major and what job you want to get when you graduate. It really is a lifelong process, meaning that throughout your life you will change, situations will change, and you will continually have to make career and life decisions.
Career Counsellor will
1. Help you figure out who you are and what you want out of your education, your career, and your life.
2. Be someone for you to talk to about your thoughts, ideas, feelings, and concerns about your career and educational choices, who will help you sort out, organize, and make sense of your thoughts and feelings.
3. Help you identify the factors influencing your career development, and help you assess your interests, abilities, and values.
4. Help you locate resources and sources of career information.
5. Help you to determine next steps and develop a plan to achieve your goals.